The Higginsville Police Department has a full-time Animal Control Officer. The officer is dispatched by the Emergency Services Dispatch Center and can be reached by calling (660) 584-2104.
The Animal Control Officer is empowered to enforce Section 210 of the Ordinances of the City of Higginsville. The Animal Control Officer is also responsible for patrolling the City Lake and working with the Department of Conservation to enforce all fishing and hunting regulations. Reminders
- All dogs must be under restraint at all times and shall not be permitted to be at large.
- No person shall own, keep or harbor any dog within the City limits unless such dog is licensed by the City of Higginsville.
- A dog license must be renewed annually.
- No vicious animals are allowed with-in the City limits.
- You cannot have more than three dogs and/or cats per household without obtaining a kennels license.
Animal Impound Facility
Any stray animals will be transported to our impound and will be held for a period of 7 days at which time if unclaimed will either be placed as an adopted animal or will be destroyed.
Impound tickets are completed and posted in City Hall whenever an animal is placed in impound. If you find yourself missing a beloved pet, please call the Higginsville Police Department and check the impound list in City Hall.